Built in 1951, the current building of 168 Cross Street is built on or near the site of the 1889 parsonage of the A.M.E. Zion Church. The land was initially donated to the Church by Miss E.A. Worthington, a domestic servant at the time. The church immediately began to make plans to replace the old house with a new parsonage. However, they experienced a severe financial crisis and requested help from the public to support the project. With the support and donations from community members, the parsonage was completed in 1889; consisting of a two story structure with its gable end facing the street. Like many other houses on the Beman Triangle, the lot of 168 Cross Street highlights a tight neighborhood of the Beman Triangle and the community’s extensive support for the church.